Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Cellular Rap

Because my brain is on exam overload and - just for now - can think about NOTHING BUT BIOLOGY, here is a rap about cells which I have pieced together from my unfairly long Genetics unit in my Biology class:

Life uses energy to keep its state
Reproduces, evolves, makes waste
Cells use mitosis to procreate
IPMAT, watch the chromatids differentiate
Why you gotta hate on how cells mate?
It's not up for debate
Mitosis, meiosis, and the DNA percolates
Into our bodies to decide our fate
Determined by thymine and a nitrogen base
Biology can't satiate my brain's estate
But this exam makes me hate that life creates
Such a difficult mandate
'Cause now I gotta learn and regurgitate
All this stuff about why we are animate
When all my brain wants to do is
De-de-de-deactivate

Ahem. So, yes. If you thought you had a chance at the Nerdiest Rap of the Year award, you are sadly mistaken. I have clearly stolen the show. See you after exams, if I am still capable to put together thoughts and write sentences at that point. Otherwise, I bid you farewell, worthy blogosphere! Wish my godspeed on my trip into academic impossibility.
Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment